Skip to main content

Non-levy paying businesses and businesses that need to supplement their digital levy account will need to co-invest 10% of the cost of their apprentice training. The government will pay the remaining 90%.

Small businesses (<50 employees) will receive 100% of the funding where the apprentice is 16-18 years old, or is between 19-24 and has a local authority education, health and care plan.

Employers and training providers will both receive an additional £1,000 where the apprentice is between 16 and 18 years old inclusive. This is to be paid by way of two equal instalments after 3 and 12 months.

As an example, Solent’s CMDA is proposed to be Band 15 in the new bandings, with an upper limit of £27,000. This means that for non-levy paying businesses, the co-invest amount would be £2,700 over the duration of the training (four years in this case).

Get in touch

The team here at Solent are happy to talk through your current situation and look at how we can work together to address your training needs.

Get in touch with us via email at ask@solent.ac.uk or call 023 8201 5066.

Useful links

GOV.UK's guide to apprenticeship funding

Solent's step-by-step guide to the apprenticeship service (PDF)

GOV.UK's apprenticeship homepage

The Skills Funding Agency's guide to higher and degree apprenticeships

National Apprenticeship Service's guide for employers

You can also call the National Apprenticeship Service on 08000 150 600 or email them at nationalhelpdesk@findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk.

Back to top