A professional quality suite for applying the finishing touches to the colour of films before distribution.
About the colour grading suite
Solent's colour grading suite is a fully equipped digital lab where films are graded before final export. The majority of colour correction and audio finishing is carried out in other specialist post-production facilities also located in the Media Academy.
Students and external clients check the final grade in this carefully designed space using the latest calibrated reference monitor to ensure the finished product is correct and make final changes before distribution.
We support resolutions up to 4K and a multitude of colour spaces but mainly use SMTPE C, REC 709 or the newer REC 2020. We support two of the most popular colour grading packages available - DaVinci Resolve and Baselight - with the facility to export to Digital Cinema Package (DCP) format, if required, for cinematic playout and distribution.
As well as a professional reference monitor, the suite is equipped with hardware video scope, secondary OLED monitor, output standards converter, professional control surface and two Dell precision colour monitors. The space also has a large monitor and sofa to invite clients or the director to view the final grade in real time.
- Canon (1019C003AA) DP-V2410 - 24 inch 4k reference display.
- Mac Pro 3Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5,64GB DDR3, Dual AMD Fire Pro D700 6144MB.
- Tangent Element (Tk Mf Kb Bt) control surface.
- Sony 17inch Trimaster OLED SDI monitor.
- Black Magic Design UltraStudio 4K thunderbolt capture and playback.
- Black Magic Design SmartScope Duo 4K.
- LG 55inch EF950V OLED Wide Gamut (director's monitor).
- Colour balanced D65 lighting and grey walls.
- DaVinci Resolve with easy DCP export.
- Avid Media Composer with baselight grading software.
Hire the colour grading suite
The suite is available for hire. Additionally, we offer DCP creation services. Please contact us for more information.
Find out more about hiring this facilityFind out more about external hire