Specialist printing and reprographics
About specialist printing and reprographics
Solent has a wide range of creative and technical courses that require printing. We have a contract with Canon to provide standard printing, but we also support a wide range of specialist printing and reprographics.
Our Mimaki digital fabric printer prints dyes directly onto fabrics, creating a permanent design on silk, cotton, velvet, linen and jersey fabrics. Fabric may be printed by the metre, enabling students to realise the full potential of their design ideas. This printer is run by specialist facilities,
The Océ Arizona flatbed printer is a large format printer that is capable of printing on almost any media up to 48mm thick, 1260mm deep and 2510 mm wide. It also has a roll feed of 2.2m wide and will print white ink which is unique in the University, offering a wide range of printing possibilities, such as printing onto acrylic, metal or wood.
We also support large-sized paper print output through our Canon iPF9400 printer which can print up to 60-inch-wide media. We stock a variety of medias including wallpaper and exhibition materials. The Canon iPF9400 is based in our reprographics room which is staffed by student supervisors who we train to use the facilities and pay an enhanced supervisory rate to look after the area.
- Mimaki TX2 Fabric printer.
- Océ Arizona 318 GL UV curable ink jet flatbed printer.
- Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF9400 60inch - ink jet printer.
- Dye Sub printer and Heat Press for fast turnaround tests on fabrics.
- 3x Canon ImagePROGRAF iPF5100 (Student use for specialist exhibition papers).
- 3x Hasselblad virtual drum film scanners to scan all film formats from 35mm to 5x4 inch at high resolution with excellent clarity and colour reproduction.
- 5x flatbed scanners, 3x Epson Perfection V750 Pro (A4), 2x Epson Expression 10000XL (A3) for reflective and film scanning.
- 1x Dahle 846 guillotine for trimming bound books.
- 1x Keencut multi-surface display board cutter to precision cut – mount board, foam board, Dilite, MDF up to 4mm, and aluminium up to 1.6mm.
- 1x Easymount EM880 cold laminator to mount and laminate prints on to any suitable surface up to 90cm wide, 18mm thick.
Courses that use this facility
- BA (Hons) Interior Design
- BA (Hons) Interior Design Decoration
- BA (Hons) Fashion Photography
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design