Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

Part-time HNC/HND and degree funding

Students who are hoping to study on a part-time basis may be able to receive student funding. You can contact Student Finance England (0300 100 0607) for an application form or apply online through the GOV.UK website.

Please note: Solent University does not currently administer advanced learner loans. Therefore, we cannot provide you with a learning and funding information letter, should you apply for a loan.

Student loans

You may be able to receive financial support if your part-time course has a ‘course intensity’ of 25% or more. This measures how much of your course you complete each year compared to an equivalent full-time course. For more information on course intensity, please contact the Student Hub.

Tuition fee loan

Maintenance loan

Other sources of funding for part-time students

Loans aren't the only option for financing a part-time course here at Solent. Many of the funding sources mentioned below have specific criteria that must be satisfied (residence in the UK, whether you have dependants, if you already have a degree, income assessment, and so on), so please read any information carefully.

If you have any queries about funding, please contact a student funding adviser.