Skip to main content

Applying for funding

This page gives a basic overview of the student finance application process and the types of evidence that you will be required to provide.

Read more

Finance for UK students

This page gives student finance information specific to students from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Read more

Finance for EU students

This page gives student finance information specific to students from countries within the European Union.

Read more

Funding part-time HNC/HND degrees

Students who are hoping to study a part-time HNC or HND programme are now able to receive funding for their course.

Read more

Self-funding your tuition

This is information for student who will be paying their fees directly, without taking out a student loan.

Read more

Postgraduate funding

From 2016/17 academic year, postgraduate students may be able to apply for a loan from the UK Government.

Read more

Company and organisational sponsors

This information is for students who are having their tuition fees paid by a corporate sponsor.

Read more

International finance schemes

This information is for students from outside the EU who are having their tuition fees paid by their country's government. This includes information about US and Canadian loan schemes.

Read more

Armed forces leavers

If you are currently serving in the armed forces or have left within the last five years, you may be able to partially fund your course through the Enhanced Learning Credits scheme. 

Read more

Studied at University before?

If you've studied at university before, this may affect your eligibility for certain types of student finance.

Read more

Students with dependants

If you have children/dependants and are considering studying at university full-time, you may be eligible for further funding.

Read more

For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on a course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS). Solent University has been registered by Ofs in the register of English higher education providers. For more information please visit:

Back to top