Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

What tuition fees do I pay?

Which tuition fee you pay depends on your personal circumstances and whether you are a full-time or part-time student. Below, you'll find tuition fee information for home students (living in the UK), EU students, and overseas students (outside of Europe).

EU students

Following the UK Government's confirmation that EU students without settled status will no longer be eligible for home fee status benefits, all EU students without settled status will be required to pay overseas/international fees.

For the fees for each course, please see the relevant course page, which you can find here:

Solent's courses

For more information, please see the relevant course page or contact

Tuition fees for overseas (non-EU) students

Students who are living outside of the EU are known as overseas students for fee purposes. How much overseas students pay depends on what level they are studying.

Pathway programme fees are detailed on the Solent University Pathway page.

For the fees for each course, please see the relevant course page, which you can find here:

Solent's courses

Under the UK's points-based immigration system, universities sponsoring students must be sure that students have sufficient funds to meet the cost of their course fees and living expenses (as well as those of any accompanying family members) without working and without claiming state benefit.

All overseas applicants will be asked to pay 50% of their annual tuition fees acceptance prior to receiving a CAS. This sum will be refundable only if an applicant is unable to secure the relevant UK visa and evidence of the refusal has been provided to the University. The remaining tuition fees must be paid by dates as prescribed.

Additionally non-EEA students are required to pay a minimum of 50% of their tuition fees and enter into a payment plan for the remainder of their tuition fees prior to enrolment. The total amount due is advised in your offer letter. In the event of a non EEA student leaving before the scheduled winter break this sum is not refundable. For non-EEA students withdrawing in any subsequent period the full annual tuition fee is retained by the University.

Other payment conditions are the same as those for other students.

How Solent decides on course fees and changes

Tuition fees are set annually based on the associated costs in relation to the delivery of your course, and take into consideration any Government restrictions or requirements. The fee, once published, will be set for that year of entry, but may increase annually in line with the national inflation rates and subject to Government policy on higher education. Any change will be applied to both new and continuing students, as appropriate.

Fees payable to external bodies are not set by the University and, as such, are beyond our control, resulting in any changes being passed to the student. Students will be notified of any changes as soon as possible.

For the current fee details, please contact

Funding advice

Please visit our finance and paying your fees page for information on paying your fees and available funding.

For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on a course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS). Solent University has been registered by OfS in the register of English higher education providers. For more information please visit:

Useful documents

Fee and payment regulations - home and island students

Fee and payment regulations - international students