Thursday 2 June 2016
Final year students display their talent across showcases
Southampton Solent University final-year students will be putting their talent on display at a series of stunning showcases this month.
As the 2015/16 academic year draws to a close, the annual degree shows give students the opportunity to celebrate and showcase their work to future employers, the public, as well as their friends and family.
From 10-15 June, students graduating from Solent’s School of Art, Design and Fashion will showcase their work in the University’s spectacular new building, the Spark, on East Park Terrace, and its art and design studios, Below Bar.
Work from a range of courses will be on display, from architectural technology to interior design and fine art to photography.
Register for your free place at www.solent.ac.uk/summershows.
Solent’s Graduate Fashion Show will also take place during the summer show. It will feature 15 third-year BA (Hons) Fashion students’ final collections, showcasing a variety of inspirations – from the beauty of Venice architecture to the bold, bright colours of the 90s rave culture.
Book a place at the fashion show, which is being held in the Atrium of the Spark at 7pm, through the University’s eshop at www.solent.ac.uk/graduate-fashion-show. Tickets are £5 and include a free drink on arrival and a goodie bag.
Innovation and invention will be celebrated at the annual Wessex Round Table of Inventors awards on 15 June. The event will feature, celebrate and award engineering students from Solent’s three engineering degrees (Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design and Manufacture) and its yacht engineering courses from 5-8pm at the University’s East Park Terrace Campus. Register to attend at www.solent.ac.uk/WRTI-awards.
Dates and locations of the degree shows
- Friday 10 June, 6-9pm – Degree Shows preview
- Saturday 11 June, 10am – 4pm – Exhibition (alongside Open Day)
- Monday 13 June, 10am – 4pm – Exhibition
- Tuesday 14 June, 10am – 4pm – Exhibition
- Wednesday 15 June, 10am – 4pm – Exhibition
Southampton Solent University, the Spark, East Park Terrace, Southampton, Hampshire SO14 0YN.
- BA (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BA (Hons) Interior Design
- BA (Hons) Interior Design Decoration
- BA (Hons) Construction Management
- BA (Hons) Product Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion
- BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion and Communication
- BA (Hons) Fashion Management and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Fashion Styling
- BA (Hons) Fashion Photography
- BA (Hons) Fashion Graphics
- BA (Hons) Beauty Promotion
- BA (Hons) Make-Up and Hair Design
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Special Effects
Southampton Solent University, School of Art, Design and Fashion, Below Bar Studios Level Two, 9 Castle Way, Southampton, SO14 2BX.
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design