This programme is indicative and is subject to change.
Royal Caribbean International talk
11 February 2020
11am - 3.30pm
Students studying tourism, events and business will be especially interested in coming to Solent on this day to hear from industry speakers about a career in tourism and learn about our courses.
The events and leisure industries continue to diversify in a dynamic and fast paced environment, fuelled by the changing demands of society and all of us as consumers. This provides exciting opportunities and a breadth of careers within events, festivals, hospitality, arts and culture as well as extreme and adventurous sports.
To celebrate the continued expansion of these industries, we would like to invite schools and colleges to attend a careers fair and engage in guest talks by experts on the future of the festivals and events industries, and established employers, who will talk about their organisations and the career opportunities available. More guest speakers from the likes of Royal Caribbean International will be announced soon. The careers fair will include opportunities to network with a range of employers from the adventure, events, festivals and travel and tourism industries. Solent staff and students will also be on hand to talk about the undergraduate courses on offer that maximise career potential in these exciting fields.
- Exhibition with employers in the travel and tourism industry
- Talk from Royal Caribbean with Leah Finch (Events and Training Manager) 1.30-3.30
- Exhibition with employers in the outdoor, events and adventure industry
- Talks from employers in the outdoor adventure field
If you would like to bring along a group of students who are in Years 12/13, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Which event/s you are interested in from above (1, 2 or both)
- How many students you would like to bring
- How many staff might be attending the event with the students
- Which course/courses these students are currently studying
- Which year group these students are in
- How you might be travelling to Solent
Due to capacity issues, we may limit student numbers on some of the talks to 25 students per session, for example. We will, however, try our very best to accommodate all where possible. This will be communicated to you once we have your expression of interest.