Solent University is committed to providing a clean sporting environment by promoting and implementing the clean sport policies from UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
We feel passionately that all sporting participants have the right to train and compete in a clean sport environment. We adopt the stance that cheating, including doping, in sport is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact of sport has on society.
Embodying the correct attitudes now will support the next generation of athletes too - Solent aims to prepare sport participants better than ever before with the support of UKAD.
Our clean sport commitment
Solent University commits to support clean sport in the UK in the following ways:
- Supporting the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving clean sport.
- All sports participants are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- Supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies.
- Employed and associated staff will not condone, assist, or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption), including image and performance-enhancing drugs (IPEDs).
- Breaches of this, or any rules/policies referred to Solent University's own code of practice/conduct will be acted upon accordingly.
- All employed and associated staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using, or considering the usage, of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential reporting methods.
- Upholding any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
- Actively educating athletes, sports participants, staff and the wider community on clean sport, promoting the 100% Me initiative, and ensuring resources are readily available.
- Athletes are regularly reminded they are subject to UKAD testing and Solent University supports any UKAD public interest testing they wish to conduct.
- Solent Sports Complex and Test Park sports ground support the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving clean sport. All users of the Solent Sports Complex are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including UK Anti-Doping rules.
We are working for everyone who loves sport - whether competing, training, or spectating. Together, we're creating a level playing field where everyone knows they can compete and train fairly and in the true spirit of sport.
Back to top