Skip to main content

Southampton Solent University offers a range of support services to students living in the halls of residence. If you need support with any aspect of your stay in University accommodation then please email, or give us a call at 023 8201 5040.

Disability support

We aim to remove barriers to learning and help you to enjoy the full use of all facilities here at Southampton Solent.

We have made a significant investment in facilities for disabled students and can provide anything from vibrating pillows for the deaf, to hoists and purpose-built rooms located on the ground floor of our student residences for wheelchair users. 

Staff are happy to discuss any specific requirements you might have. It's a good idea to get in touch before you begin studying so that we can offer early advice and make any necessary arrangements.

We also offer larger rooms for students who may just need extra space for essential equipment, and can provide fridges in bedrooms for medical purposes.

If you have any further enquiries, please email or call the enquiry desk on 023 8201 3201.

International students

There is a warm welcome awaiting everyone who comes to study with us from overseas.

Once you have accepted an unconditional offer for your course, we will send you a pre-arrival pack to help with your move to the UK.

You will be sent an email inviting you to apply for accommodation online. If you want to live in student residences, fill out the online application form as soon as you are invited to do so. There is no payment to be made when you submit an application. 

To accept any room offer you will need to make a payment. If you are an EU student this will be £250 GBP. Students from outside the EU must pay a prepayment of £1000 GBP to accept their room offer with the balance of accommodation fees paid by 31 August.  Room offers made after 31 August will require full payment on acceptance.

For students who are bringing their family or would prefer to rent a private property, the Accommodation Office will be pleased to provide you with any advice you may need. Our private accommodation pages can provide you with information on finding alternative student accommodation here in Southampton.

Bedding packs may be provided for international students, please contact the accommodation office team for further details. 

For information or help with any other aspect of your course application, please contact the international enquiries team.

Care leavers

The University recognises that safe, secure, affordable accommodation is particularly important for young people leaving care. At Southampton Solent University, we are able to provide care leavers with year round university accommodation for the duration of their studies, if required.

The University’s residential accommodation is used for events during the summer break; therefore, you may be required to move to a different residence during the summer.

If you decide you would prefer to live off campus in your first or subsequent years, we can provide information and guidance in finding accommodation in the local area. Our private accommodation pages provide you with details about finding accommodation in the private sector.

For more information you can contact the accommodation office using, or give us a call on 023 8201 5040.

For specialist help from the University's student support services, please visit our care leaver support page.

Back to top