Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

Care and support

Solent University offers a range of support services to students living in student residences. If you need support with any aspect of your stay in University accommodation, please email, or give us a call on 023 8201 5040.

Disability support

We aim to remove barriers to learning and help you to enjoy the full use of all facilities here at Solent.

We have made a significant investment in facilities for disabled students. We have a limited number of purpose-built rooms on the ground floor of Kimber residence. For those with unseen disabilities, rooms can be reserved and fridges for medical purposes and visible or audible alarms can be fitted. We can also offer larger rooms for students who may just need extra space for essential equipment.

Staff are happy to discuss any specific requirements you might have. It's a good idea to get in touch before you begin studying so that we can offer early advice and make any necessary arrangements.

If you have any further enquiries, please email or call the enquiry desk on 023 8201 5040.

International students

There is a warm welcome awaiting everyone who comes to study with us from overseas.

You will be sent an email inviting you to apply for accommodation online. If you want to live in student residences, fill out the online application form as soon as you are invited to do so. There is no payment to be made when you submit an application.

To accept any room offer you will need to make an advanced rent payment of £1000, with the balance of accommodation fees paid by 31 August. Room offers made to those living overseas after 31 August will require full payment on acceptance.

For students who are bringing their family or would prefer to rent a private property, the Accommodation Team will be pleased to provide you with any advice you may need. Our private accommodation pages can provide you with information on finding alternative student accommodation here in Southampton.

For information or help with any other aspect of your course application, please contact the international enquiries team.

Care leavers

The University recognises that safe, secure, affordable accommodation is particularly important for young people leaving care.

If you decide you would prefer to live off campus in your first or subsequent years, we can provide information and guidance for finding accommodation. Our private accommodation pages provide you with details about finding accommodation in the private sector.

For more information you can contact the Accommodation Team using, or give us a call on 023 8201 5040.

For specialist help from the University's student support services, please visit our care leaver support page.