Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

Solent University takes its role within the community very seriously, especially in residential areas where the student population is high.

Most of our first-year students live in student residences, but for the remainder of their studies, most move into privately-rented housing. Many houses in the Polygon area are occupied by a mix of people, from students to non-student, and residents of all ages.

Together with the Students' Union, we work closely with Southampton City Council and Hampshire Police to try and resolve any problems and to create positive awareness campaigns about being a good neighbour. 

If you are a local resident and you have incurred a problem (for example noise nuisance or anti-social behaviour) from groups believed to be Solent University's students, you are advised to contact Southampton City Council's Environmental Health team in the first instance or alternatively you can contact the police on the non-emergency number 101 or Southampton City Council 

You can also register your community complaint with the University for us to investigate the matter by completing our complaint form.

Back to top