A state of the art centre designed to meet all sport and health needs.
About the Sports Complex
Opened in March 2019, Solent's Sports Complex has been tailored to meet the needs of sports, fitness and health students. Its two sports halls include performance, events and multipurpose facilities, and there's clinical space for sports and exercise therapy.
With memberships for students, staff and alumni, the sports facilities include a fully-staffed 90-station gym with over 40 pieces of cardio equipment, a varied schedule of fitness classes as well as sports halls, fitness studios and much more.
In addition to the general purpose gym, the Sports Complex boasts a strength and conditioning high performance gym and health and fitness and personal training teaching gyms.
Take a virtual tour of the Sports ComplexVirtual tour
- 2 Pulse virtual reality treadmills
- 2 Pulse curve self-propelled treadmills
- 2 trickster bikes
- 14 Pulse fusion treadmills
- 4 ellipticals
- 3 cross-climbers
- 4 Concept II rowers
- 1 versa climber
- 1 power plate
- 2 step mills
- 23 fixed-resistance machines
- 18 free weight stations
- Fitness studios
- Changing rooms, lockers, showers, toilets and water machines.
- Performance gym
- Multi-purpose sports hall
- High performance sports hall
Courses that use this facility
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Health, Nutrition and Exercise Science