Skip to main content

We have a large community of international students here at Southampton Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Latvia can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from Latvia to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Latvia offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses. Students should hold an Atestats par Visparejo Videjo Izglitibu.

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree. Students should hold a Bakalaurs.

Visa information

As an EEA national you do not need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK.

EU financial support

EU students are entitled to apply for some financial support in the UK: a tuition fee loan and an EU bursary. See our information on EU student funding.

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Southampton Solent with someone in your own country.

Dream Foundation Latvia
Brīvības biroju centrs
Brīvības iela 85 (3. stāvs)
Rīga, LV-1001
Tel: + 371 2956 3827

Ergo Ltd
45/47 505 Elizabetes Str.
Riga LV-1010
Tel: +371 722 7300
Fax: +371 722 7297
Contact: Ramona Markova

LINKTURS Educational Centre
5-3 Terbatas Street
Riga LV-1050
Tel: +371 6722 3267 / 6735 8796
Fax: +371 7223167
Contact: Oksana Pinchuk

Back to top