Skip to main content

We have a large community of international students here at Southampton Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Malaysia can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from Malaysia to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Malaysia offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses.

Students should hold a Malaysia Higher School Certificate (STPM).

Students with a Malaysia Certificate of Education (SPM) may be eligible for a foundation year (year 0 of a bachelor's degree).

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree.

Visa information

As a Malaysian national, you will need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK. When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course at Southampton Solent University (including payment of deposit and course acceptance), you will be sent a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number. You will need this document to apply for a student visa.

You should make your application for a visa at the local British Embassy or High Commission.

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Southampton Solent with someone in your own country. 

E-West Education Services
26 Jalan PJS 8/17
Dataran Mentari Sunway
46150 Petaling Jaya
Tel: +60 3 56300676

B-3A-5 Block B West, PJ8
No. 23 Jalan Barat, Seksyen 8
46050 Petaling Jaya
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 7956 7655/439

PDVL Overseas Advisory SDN BHD
2-16, PV128, 128 Jalan Genting Klang
53300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel/Fax: +60 3-41418180

Partner institutions

If you are studying at one of our academic partner institutions, you may be able to enter the second or third year of one of our undergraduate courses. This can allow you to extend your learning and obtain a British undergraduate qualification. We hold partnership agreements with the following institution in Malaysia:

  • Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology
Back to top