Skip to main content

We have a large community of international students here at Southampton Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Romania can find advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from Romania to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Romanian offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is required for most art and design courses.

For postgraduate students, we looks for a qualification equivalent to the British bachelor's degree. This includes students with a Diploma de Licenta / Diploma de Inginer / Diploma de Arhitect.

Visa information

As an EEA national you do not need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK.

EU financial support   

EU students are entitled to apply for some financial support in the UK, a tuition fee loan and an EU bursary.

Find out more

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Southampton Solent with someone in your own country. 

Aleea Negru Voda
Nr 6, Bloc C3, Scara D, Ap 78, Sector 3
030775 Bucharest
Tel: +40 7551 56103

Integrale Programe Educationale
Blvd. General Gh. Magheru Nr.41, Et.1, Apt.1
Tel: +40 21311 0572 or +40 21311 0573
Contact: Ana Maria Papp /

Fundatia Study Abroad Advising Center  
Str Caimatei Nr. 20, Office Building, Etaj 2
Sector 2
Tel: +40 75101 0482 
Contact: Marilena Nita

UK Study Romania
Soseaua Mangaliei nr. 80 A
Romania 900111
Tel: +40 24168 1338
Contact: Andreea Nelson Twakor

Back to top