Prospective students who attend an open day or open evening at Solent University and live outside of the local authority of Southampton City Council, or have travelled from outside of the UK, are able to apply to receive an Amazon voucher covering the cost of their travel to the event.
To make an application, please collect a 'travel costs claim form' during the open day or open evening, and complete and provide all information requested. Alternatively, if you have booked to attend an open day or open evening, you will be sent a copy of the form on pre-event emails - so keep an eye on your inbox!
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries. We look forward to seeing you on the day!
Book your place on an open day below:
Terms and conditions
1. Please ensure you include ALL travel receipts (a full VAT itemised receipt). Forms received without a VAT receipt will not be accepted with the exception of train travel as this is not VAT-able.
2. Travel costs covered are as follows:
3. We are not able to process any claims for accommodation, parking or subsistence.
4. Receipts must include the date of travel (the open day/evening date) or one calendar day before or after this date.
5. Petrol claims: receipts for petrol purchased can be dated outside of the date before, date of or date following the open day/evening. VAT receipts must still be submitted with the travel claim form without exception. Please state number of miles travelled on the travel claim form. Please note that the maximum mileage a student is able to claim for is the distance between the University main campus and the student’s recorded home address. Mileage claims will be processed as 15p per mile. This is the redeemable amount, not necessarily the cost of petrol. Eg, £55 petrol spend according to submitted receipt, 90 miles claimed at 15p/mile. Total cost of journey is £13.50, resulting in a £20 voucher claim for the student.
6. Vouchers are issued in denominations of £10 in relation to the total cost of travel (eg a £34 travel expense would receive a £40 voucher).
7. Vouchers will be emailed to you via email@example.com. Please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe sender list or check your junk or clutter inbox.
8. This offer is only valid for the students' travel costs, not any accompanying guests.
9. You need to record your attendance at the open day/evening at the main reception in The Spark building in order to claim your travel voucher. The decision made by the University on the student’s attendance is final.
Back to top