Team Solent Rowing
Solent University Rowing Club also know as SSURC is one of the oldest sport societies of the University.
Based at Coalporters Rowing Club on the Itchen River, the facilities are within walking distance from the University's student residences, as well as the main campus. Rowers train on a six kilometre stretch from Riverside to Dock Head morning and evening, and have full use of the gym facilities as well as all Coalporters' river, coastal and sculling boats.
Solent Rowing prides itself on introducing completely new people to the sport and allowing them to become accomplished athletes. The club trains all year round, competing across the country in rowing heads, regattas and coastal races, as well as competing at BUCS - the pinnacle of the year.
- Solent Non-BUCS Team of the Year
- Women's 4s and 8s - first place at Henley Regatta 2018
- BUCS Regatta: 1st B Final (7th overall) - Harry Aitchison and Jozef Pavlica (x2) (2017)
- BUCS Regatta: 1st C Final (13th overall) - Jasmine Dorks (x1) (2017)
- BUCS Regatta: 2nd C Final (14th overall) - Jasmine Dorks and Megan Fowler (x2) (2017)
- Henley Head Race: Gold medal - Senior Women (x4) (2017)
- BUCS Indoor Rowing Championships: Gold medal - Jasmine Dorks (Ladies Lightweight) : Gold medal - Jozef Pavlica (Men's heavyweight) : Gold medal - Theo Orchard-Clark (Mens beginner) (2016)
- BUCS Bristol Head Race: 15 gold medals, silver medal - Men's Fresher 4 (2014/15)
- BUCS Rowing Regatta: 10th overall - men's Fresher 8 (2014).
- BUCS Rowing Regatta: silver medal - Dan Dalmau - men's senior skull (2014).
Competitions and leagues include:
- Various head races around the UK.
- Various regattas around the UK.
- BUCS Regatta.
- Various indoor competitions
Find out more about British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS)
Facebook: Solent University Rowing Club
Become a member
Download the Solent Sport initiations policy
Mornings and nights. Training times and days vary to suit students' timetables and crew selections. Please contact the team captain for more details.
Training will be held at Coalporters Amateur Rowing Club
Back to top