Team Solent Rowing
Solent University Rowing Club is among the oldest sport societies in the University.
We are based at Coalporter's Rowing Club, a short walk from student halls and University’s main campus. The athletes train on the River Itchen on a six kilometre stretch from Riverside Park to Dock Head, as well as on land, with full access to Coalporter’s gym, as well as river and coastal boats. Sessions are in the morning and evening through the week.
Solent Rowing welcomes athletes of any ability and experience, helping them settle in to life at university and enabling them to compete at any level. We compete multiple times throughout the year, in head races and regattas, with BUCS regatta in May being the highlight of the season.
- Solent Non-BUCS Team of the Year
- Women's 4s and 8s - first place at Henley Regatta 2018
- BUCS Regatta: 1st B Final (7th overall) - Harry Aitchison and Jozef Pavlica (x2) (2017)
- BUCS Regatta: 1st C Final (13th overall) - Jasmine Dorks (x1) (2017)
- BUCS Regatta: 2nd C Final (14th overall) - Jasmine Dorks and Megan Fowler (x2) (2017)
- Henley Head Race: Gold medal - Senior Women (x4) (2017)
- BUCS Indoor Rowing Championships: Gold medal - Jasmine Dorks (Ladies Lightweight) : Gold medal - Jozef Pavlica (Men's heavyweight) : Gold medal - Theo Orchard-Clark (Mens beginner) (2016)
- BUCS Bristol Head Race: 15 gold medals, silver medal - Men's Fresher 4 (2014/15)
- BUCS Rowing Regatta: 10th overall - men's Fresher 8 (2014).
- BUCS Rowing Regatta: silver medal - Dan Dalmau - men's senior skull (2014).
Competitions and leagues include:
- Various head races around the UK.
- Various regattas around the UK.
- BUCS Regatta.
- Various indoor competitions
Find out more about British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS)
Facebook: Solent University Rowing Club
Download the Solent Sport initiations policy
Mornings and nights. Training times and days vary to suit students' timetables and crew selections. Please contact the team captain for more details.
Training will be held at Coalporters Amateur Rowing Club
Back to top