Mei completed her first degree at the University College London, she then completed her MA at Keele University. She gained her teaching qualification, PGCLT(HE), here at Solent University. Mei's research interests include behavioural interventions for children with autism, moral development, the role of siblings on social skills development, and the psychology of education, in particular student engagement.
Teaching and roles
- Applied social psychology.
- Social psychology.
- Psychological investigations.
- Introduction to psychology (social).
- Developmental psychology.
- Applied developmental psychology.
- Supervises final year projects.
- Liaison contact for UCAS applicants.
- Member of psychology ethics committee.
- Pathway leader for psychology with educational psychology.
- Member of the University's academic misconduct panel.
Mei is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
£4,990 Faculty research grant (2009-10) ‘Alcohol disinhibition and the priming effect’.