Solent University is committed to supporting estranged students – we have taken the Stand Alone pledge which demonstrates our ongoing commitment to estranged students and continuously working towards developing the environment and support to allow you to achieve at Solent University.
Find out more about the Pledge
Our support package for estranged students includes:
- £1,500 bursary per year, for the duration of your course (that does not need to be repaid) – application and more information available here,
- an extended halls contract, to provide accommodation all year round,
- estranged students are recognised as a priority group as part of the University's admissions procedure for contextual offers,
- a designated member of staff for additional support,
- financial health check to ensure you are receiving all the funding you are entitled to, and
- possible further financial support from the University's other grants.
Please note, to be entitled to this support you need to be classed as estranged for Student Finance purposes. More information about applying for estrangement with SFE, including an application form, is available here.
Back to top