Businesses with an annual payroll above £3million will be classed as a levy paying employer and will be able to use funds accrued in their digital apprenticeship service (DAS) account for payment of the training. Please contact us for guidance on fees if you are a non-levy employer which will cover at least 95% of the costs.
The programme cost for 2021/22 is £15,000.
You can find out more about funding an apprenticeship and the apprenticeship levy in our guide for employers.
While most course costs are covered by your tuition fees, some essential resources and optional extras may need to be paid for separately. These additional costs are listed below. For advice on budgeting and managing your money, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2021/22 other costs are not yet available. For guidance, previous other costs have been:
Uniform (2 x dress or 2 x top and 1 trouser) can be provided but you are likely to require additional uniforms which cost in the region of £30
- DBS – Enhanced DBS fee - met by the apprentice employer
- The apprentice employer will pay for an occupational health assessment/any immunisations if they are not covered by your GP
- You will need a pair of suitable comfortable shoes while on clinical placement and studying in our simulation settings (estimated cost £40-£60)
- You may need to purchase some of your own clinical items, for instance a stethoscope and fob watch (estimated cost £30)
- You will need to be able to travel to study at our partner NHS trusts and to your placement - travel costs will be associated with this
For graduates in 2020, there is no charge to attend graduation, but you will be required to pay for the rental of your academic gown (approximately £45 per graduate, depending on your award). You may also wish to purchase official photography packages, which range in price from £15 to £200+. Graduation is not compulsory, so if you prefer to have your award sent to you, there is no cost.
Extra guest tickets will go on sale after results publication and will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis. The cost per ticket was £15 in 2019, but this fee is subject to change for future years. Please note, we do not guarantee there will be any extra tickets available to purchase.