Our contact details
Solent University, East Park Terrace, SO14 0YN Southampton
Solent Showcase Gallery: email@example.com
For more information, please contact the Information Rights Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of information we have
- Personal details (name, email address, phone number)
How we get the information and why do we have it
Information is collected by the application.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) We need it in an emergency, life-or-death vital interest situation
(b) We have a legitimate interest and the processing carries no or little risk.
What we do with the information
We will process your data for the purposes of informing successful applicants and informing unsuccessful applicants.
Any data you provide as part of the application and recruitment process will only be shared where it is essential for the management of the employment contract.
Any information processed will be deleted once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Back to top