Editing and post-production suite
Solent has a variety of post-production facilities in classroom and bookable edit suite configurations.
About the editing and post-production suite
We have 47 edit and post-production Macs connected to a high-speed fibre network which allows students to access and back up their footage on a shared 192TB drive. There are 17 specially designed edit booths which students can book, as well as a post training lab designed for colour post and a larger teaching lab of 20, all of which are Mac Pros with additional graphics cards to support GPU accelerated software.
There is a variety of software available, including Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer and Davinci Resolve. Edit suites can be booked by students, while the larger labs are used for teaching delivery with individual computers available for students to book when not timetabled.
- 47 edit and post-production Macs.
- 17 edit booths.
- Software including: Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and Davinci Resolve.
Courses that use this facility
- BA (Hons) Post Production for Film and Television
- BA (Hons) Film Production
- BA (Hons) Film and Television
- BSc (Hons) Live Event Technology
- BA (Hons) Media Production
Hire the editing and post-production suite
The whole suite is for hire and we can offer additional DCP creation services.
Hire this facilityFind out more about external hire