Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

We have a large community of international students here at Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from China can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

Find out more about studying at Solent

For more specific advice about coming from China to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's China offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses.

Students with a good Senior High School Diploma and an IELTS of minimum 5.5 may be eligible for a foundation year (level 0 of a bachelor's degree) or an HND programme.

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree.

Visa information

As a Chinese national, you will need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK. When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course at Solent University (including payment of deposit and course acceptance), you will be sent a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number. You will need this document to apply for a student visa.

You should make your application for a visa at the local visa application centre.

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Solent with someone in your own country.

Contact: Christine Wu
Tel: +86 21 63545821

ACG International Art Education
Tel: +86 10 - 65181133

Beijing Huan Qiu You Shi Education Culture Development Co Ltd
Tel: +86 10 62568215

Beijing L & J Education Technology Co Ltd
Tel: +8610 68486878

Dalian Tuozhong Education Technology Co Ltd
Tel: +86 18642857125

Golden Arrow
Tel: +86 21 3920 6156
Location: various offices throughout China (see the Golden Arrow website for more details)

IAE Global /
Tel: +44 20 7953 0236

Jiaxing International Education Information Consulting Co., Ltd
Tel: +86 411 82816533

Shanghai Bo Zhong Culture Communication Co Ltd
Tel: +86 21 62909650

Shanghai Nanhe Investment Consulting Co Ltd
Tel: +86 21 6211 7037
Location: Shanghai

Wiseway Global Co Ltd
Tel: +86 400 164 6699

Partner institutions

If you are studying at one of our academic partner institutions, you may be able to enter the second or third year of one of our undergraduate courses. This can allow you to extend your learning and obtain a British undergraduate qualification. We hold partnership agreements with the following institutions in China:

  • Anhui Economic Management Institute
  • Huaiyin Institute of Technology
  • Qilu University of Technology
  • Shanghai Jianqiao University
  • Three Gorges University
Back to top