Skip to main content

We have a large community of international students here at Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from France can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from France to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's France offices or our own international advice team.

Find out more about studying at Solent

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses. Students should hold a French Baccalaureate.

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree. 

Students should hold either:

  • a Licence, or
  • Diplome d'une Ecole Superieure de Commerce/Gestion/Politique.

Visa information

As an EEA national you do not need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK.

EU financial support

EU students are entitled to apply for some financial support in the UK: a tuition fee loan and an EU bursary.  See our information on EU student funding.

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Solent with someone in your own country. 

ISPA International Student Program Association
Contact: Marie-Laurence Perrichon
Email: or contact local office
Tel: +33 4 94 19 36 70
Location: Paris, Marseille, Bordeaux, Les Adrets (near Cannes)

Study Concept
Tel: +33 6 02 51 62 24

Study Experience
Tel: +33 1 44 63 84 19

Partner institutions

If you are studying at one of our academic partner institutions, you may be able to enter the second or third year of one of our undergraduate courses. This can allow you to extend you learning and obtain a British undergraduate qualification. We hold partnership agreements with the following institution in France:

  • Montpellier Business School
Back to top