Skip to main content

We have a large community of international students here at Southampton Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Hong Kong can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from Hong Kong to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Hong Kong offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses. Students should hold a Hong Kong Advanced Level Certificate.

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree.

Visa information

As a Hong Kong national, you will need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK. When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course at Southampton Solent University (including payment of deposit and course acceptance), you will be sent a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number. You will need this document to apply for a student visa.

You should make your application for a visa at the local British Embassy or High Commission.

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Southampton Solent with someone in your own country. 

Amber Education Services Ltd
Unit 818-819 Star House
3 Salisbury Road
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong
Tel: + 852 23779115
Fax: +852 23770344
Contact Person: Harry Lee

Chamberlain Educational Services Centre
21/F, 10 Pottinger Street
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3426 8000
Fax: +852 3426 8108
Contact Person: Elsie Law

DA DI Overseas Studies Service Centre
Room 1801/A, 18F Star House
3 Salisbury Road
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2314 8312
Fax: +852 2314 0767
Contact Person: Monique Or  

International Studies Service Centre (ISSC)
Rm 2008-11 Wu  Sang House
655 Nathan Road
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2591 9997
Fax: +852 2591 9993
Contact Person: Mr Steve Lo

Partner institutions

If you are studying at one of our academic partner institutions, you may be able to enter the second or third year of one of our undergraduate courses. This can allow you to extend your learning and obtain a British undergraduate qualification. We hold partnership agreements with the following institution in Hong Kong: 

  • Touch Up Production
Back to top