We have a large community of international students here at Southampton Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Switzerland can find advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.
For more specific advice about coming from Switzerland to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Swiss offices or our own international advice team.
As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. The following qualifications would apply to most of our bachelor's degree courses:
- Schweizerisch Anerkanntes Kantonales Maturitatszeugnis
- Certificat de Maturite Cantonal Reconnu par la Confederation
- Attestato di Maturia Cantonale Riconosciuta dalla Confederazione
- Eidgenossisches Maturitaszeugnis
- Certificat de Maturite Federale
- Attestato di Maturita Ferderale
A portfolio is also required for our art and design courses.
The following qualifications would apply to most of our taught postgraduate courses:
- Staatsdiplom/Diplome d'Etat
As an EEA national you do not need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK.
Back to top