Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

Switzerland: Studying in the UK

We have a large community of international students here at Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Switzerland can find advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from Switzerland to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Swiss offices or our own international advice team.

Discover Solent

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. The following qualifications would apply to most of our bachelor's degree courses:

  • Schweizerisch Anerkanntes Kantonales Maturitatszeugnis
  • Certificat de Maturite Cantonal Reconnu par la Confederation
  • Attestato di Maturia Cantonale Riconosciuta dalla Confederazione
  • Eidgenossisches Maturitaszeugnis
  • Certificat de Maturite Federale
  • Attestato di Maturita Ferderale

A portfolio is also required for our art and design courses.

The following qualifications would apply to most of our taught postgraduate courses:

  • Diplom/Diplome
  • Lizentiat/Licence
  • Staatsdiplom/Diplome d'Etat

Visa information

Students from inside the EU, EEA and Switzerland could enter the UK freely by showing their passport or national identity card until 31 December 2020.

If you entered the UK prior to 31 December 2020 you will not require a visa, provided you apply for the EU Settlement Scheme before 30 June 2021. If you are a family member of an individual who has EU Settlement Status, you may also be eligible to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. More information about the EU Settlement Scheme and family members can be found on the student portal.

Students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland who have not entered UK, or entered on or after 1 January 2021 will require a visa. Please watch the video and visit the visa and immigration pages for more information.

Visa guidance

EU financial support

For post-Brexit funding information for EU/EEA nationals from the 2021 academic year, see our information on EU student funding.

Speak with an official representative

Our International Recruitment Officers are available to answer any queries you may have about direct application to study at Solent University. The course application process is straightforward, and most students find it easy to apply directly.

If you have a question for our team, simply fill in the form below:

Let's keep in touch...

Never miss the latest updates from Solent.