Ingenuity - Impact through Enterprise
Solent University is proudly taking part in this year’s Ingenuity.
Solent University is proudly taking part in this year’s Ingenuity, a UK enterprise programme that looks at investing more than £400,000 in new ground-breaking business ideas that affect four different areas of our lives: prosperity, community, health and climate change.
Everyone from the Southampton and Hampshire area can get involved: students, alumni, University staff, or local business leaders. The deadline for applications is 12 November 2020.
How to get involved
There are three ways to get involved:
- Students: Apply as a Future Founder. You will develop a business plan, explore your idea in regional summits, and pitch your business idea for the chance of investment and support.
- Alumni or University staff: Apply as a Regional Pioneer - you could set up your own entrepreneurial project within your current organisation.
- Local businesses: Apply as a Mentor. Your responsibility would be to guide a team of founders and provide your knowledge and business insight into addressing the possible problems of the business on a strictly local level.
Once you have made up your mind, click here to start your application.
Why should I take part in this programme?
There are many reasons, but here are the deal-breakers:
- Get the chance to develop a business idea that could tackle a global issue and be the life-changing business the UK needs, as well as shape your local economy and living standards.
- Work in a real-life environment with like-minded people, industry gurus, and experts who will contribute to your business plan and provide you with essential career experience.
- Access a platform packed with business tools and academic knowledge.
- Be in with the chance to receive some of the £400,000 of generous funding available for your business idea.