Crowdsourcing, co-creation and the digital cultural archive, links between digital culture and contemporary neoliberal capitalism, digital cultural commons, digital curatorial practice, hacktivism and tactical media, critical theory and its translation into cultural practice.
April 2018 Commissioned Advisory Report, Museums University Partnership Initiative (MUPI) (Arts Council funded)
- 50-page advisory report exploring successful digital networks, to be shared with policy-making, funding and government organisations
March 2017-February 2018 MUPI ‘Research Matchmaker’ Pilot Project, Museums University Partnership Initiative (MUPI) (Arts Council Funded)
- Lead participant in cross-sector team developing digital prototype linking academics and curators of under-researched collections.
- Project partners include University of Southampton, South East Museum Development Programme, Haselmere Educational Museum and Bromley Historic Collections.
- Two rounds of seed funding to develop concept, prototype and evaluation workshop for academics and curators
- Project selected as a MUPI case study for best practice
December 2017-March 2018 ‘Smart Murals’ Pilot Project (Arts Council Funded)
- Lead participant in cross-sector augmented reality project developing digitally enabling contemporary artwork.
- Project partners include Southampton University: Winchester School of Art, South East Museum Development Programme, Southampton City Art Gallery and digital SME Enova
June 2017 Museums Hack Day. Co-organiser (Arts Council Funded)
- Collaboration between South East Museums Programme, Digital South, Creative Network South and Solent University.
- 60 curators, academics and technologists competing for seed funding to solve sector challenges.
Mar 13-Jun 2013 Creativeworks PhD Residency: Furtherfield Gallery (AHRC/EU Funded)
- Reviewing and conceptually redesigning VisitorsStudio, an artist co-creation platform online
Mar-Sept 2014 Research Assistant: Kingston University and London Sinfonietta (AHRC/EU Funded)
- Part of a Kingston University led team devising ideas for the conceptual design of an online platform aiming to encourage youth participation in the work of the London Sinfonietta
Jan 11-Nov 2012 Assistant Editor: Journal of Early Popular Visual Culture, Spring 2013, Taylor Francis
- Working closely with the guest editor of this journal to produce a special edition exploring the work of photographer Eadweard Muybridge in cultural and social context
Apr 11-Oct 11 Online Education Consultant: Research into Teaching Project, Kingston University
- Researching and designing an online education resource for use across the Art, Design and Architecture Faculty at Kingston University
Jan 11-Apr 11 Online Education Consultant: Kingston Heritage Service, Heritage Lottery Funded
- Producing digital cultural educational resources for schools and universities
Apr 10-Nov 10 Associate Curator: Kingston Museum, Heritage Lottery Funded
- Curatorial work to develop a major exhibition and education programme surrounding early photography and film
Oct 09-Apr 10 Digital Project Coordinator: Kingston University, AHRC Funded
- Researching and producing digital cultural archive around the work of photographer Eadweard Muybridge
Alexandra teaches on the MA Critical Creative Practice, with a focus on critical theory and digital cultures. An Associate Fellow of the HEA, Alexandra has previously lectured and led seminars on undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the school of Art, Design and Architecture at Kingston University.