Celia's most recent qualification was an MA HRM from Southampton Solent University in 2014. To see more of her qualifications, follow the link below...
- 2014 - MA HRM, Southampton Solent University.
- 2012 - Enhancing learning in higher education, Southampton Solent University.
- 2006 - Certification in coaching and mentoring.
- 1999 - Biennial update - training diploma, people 1st (sector skills council for tourism leisure and travel).
- 1998 - Advanced award in food safety management, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- 1979 - HND Hotel Management, Dorset Institute of Higher Education.
- Chartered member of The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Member of The Institute of Hospitality.
- Honorary member of The Cruise Research Society.
- Associate fellow of The Higher Education Academy.
Celia was employed by a national contract caterer in various training roles culminating with setting up and running the T&D function...
Employed by a national contract caterer in various training roles culminating with setting up and running the T&D function in the south of England covering 15000 staff.
Training consultant in my own business; registered centre for Chartered Institute of Environmental Health; Investors in People consultant advising organisations towards accreditation; consultant for Business Link delivering expertise for small business through the ‘Build a Better Business’ programme.
Head of training for 10 ships in the cruising brands of P&O and Cunard, leading a team consisting peripatetic onboard trainers and the training team in the manning office in Mumbai, India.
Celia's research interest is currently a collaborative project with Dr Philip Gibson at Plymouth University.
Celia was appointed as personal mentor at diagnostic workshops for small businesses, part of the Small Business Charter work that School of Business, Communications and Law...
Invitation to contribute to Vogel et al (2011) ‘The Business and Management of Ocean Cruises’ – published chapter.
Invited to present at the 2nd International Cruise Conference at Plymouth University in February 2010.
Appointed as personal mentor at diagnostic workshops for small businesses, part of the Small Business Charter work that School of Business, Law and Communication is involved in; running ‘HR Strategies’ a workshop originally compiled by Aston, for several local small businesses.