Over the course of his career, Masoud Sajjadian has received a number of academic awards. Follow the link below to find out more.
Newton fund award, British Council, 2016
Georgia Institute of Technology travel award, USA (2014)
Best 8 design works of ISOVER international skyscraper design competition for designing “Solar Slice”, exhibited in Excel, London, in Ecobuild 2011
Masoud has extensive experience of work within the industry. This section contains more information about his work history and any advantageous industry links he maintains.
The scope of the project activity was to substantially advance the development of transpired solar air collectors’ thermal performance with storage in order to prove their commercial feasibility and develop the associated software (IES) and building management systems that would promote their market uptake. The project was collaboration between Cardiff University, TATA steel and NSG Pilkington companies.
Morganstone Construction Company
The scope of project activity was on development of level 2 BIM strategies as well as examination, testing and modelling design details and appraisal of how design details are translated into construction details. It included the implementation of thermal bridge analysis, thermal modelling and in-construction testing including air-permeability test, thermography test and smoke test.
Masoud has contributed to a number of academic journals and conference papers. Publications can include articles in academic journals; book chapters or full books; creative projects; conference participation and multimedia works.
- Sajjadian, S.M. Performance Evaluation of Well-Insulated Versions of Contemporary Wall Systems; A Case Study of London for a Warmer Climate. Buildings, 7(1) 2017.
- Sajjadian, S.M. Dynamic modelling of solar storage system: a case study of leisure centre", Smart and Sustainable Built Environment, 5 (2) 2016, pp 165 - 175
- Sajjadian, S.M, Lewis, J and Sharples, S. The Potential of Phase Change Material to Reduce Domestic Cooling Energy Loads for Current and Future UK Climate, Energy and Buildings 93 2015, pp 83-89
- Sajjadian, S.M, Lewis, J and Sharples, S. Heating and Cooling Loads in High Performance Construction Systems- Will Climate Change Alter Design Decision? Procedia Engineering 118, 2015, 498-506
- Sajjadian, S.M, J Lewis, and S Sharples. Risk and Uncertainty in Sustainable Building Performance. Vol. 22, in Sustainability in Energy and Buildings, edited by Anne Hakansson, Mattias Hojer, Robert Howlett and Lakhmi Jain, 903-912. Berlin: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013.
- IN PRESS Sajjadian, S.M. Sharples, S. Quantifying the Behavior of Modern and Traditional Construction Systems on the Basis of Thermal Comfort, PLEA 2017
- IN PRESS Sajjadian, S.M. The Pedagogical Impact of Augmented Reality on Architectural Education, International Conference on Manufacturing Research, 2017
- Sajjadian, S.M, Lewis, J and Sharples, S. Quantifying the Effect of Shading Devices to Improve Comfort in Current and Future UK Housing through Integrated Simulations with High and Low Thermal Mass Construction Systems. Proceedings of the International Conference on Adaption and Movement in Architecture ICAMA, Toronto, 2013, pp 476-484
- Sajjadian, S M, Lewis, J and Sharples S, Interpretation and determination of thermal comfort in climate change context. Proceedings of the International Post Graduate Research Conference IPGRC. University of Salford, Salford, 2013, pp 1106-1113
- Sajjadian, S M, Lewis, J and Sharples S. Risk and Uncertainty in Sustainable Building. In: (Hakansson A) (Ed) ed(s) Sustainability in Energy and Buildings SIST 22. Springer, Stockholm, 2012 pp 903-912
- Sajjadian, S.M. Solar Air Storage and Heating (SASH) final report. University of Cardiff, 2015.
- Sajjadian, S.M. Housing Design, Construction and Performance Optimization, Knowledge Transfer Partnership Innovate UK, 2016 (KTP009944).
- Sajjadian, S.M. Future Proofing UK Sustainable Homes under Conditions of Climatic Uncertainty. PhD Thesis, University of Liverpool, 2016.
- Sajjadian, S.M. Paradigm clash: The Conflict between Sustainable Policies and Market Forces, Master’s thesis, University of Nottingham, 2011.
- Myrianthous, M., Sajjadian, M and Sehizadeh, A. Solar Slice, Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, 2011. [Online]
- Sajjadian, S.M. Architectural design decision-making under conditions of uncertainty arising from climate change, institute of risk and uncertainty, University of Liverpool, 2014. [Online]
- Sajjadian, S.M. Sehizadeh, A and Myrianthous, M. Multi Comfort High Rise Building Design Competition, Archdaily, March 2011. [Online]
Most recent publications and research studies are mainly on building performance evaluation, fabric integrated thermal storage, climate change and overheating risk, microgeneration, low carbon design and building information modelling (BIM)
Masoud's teaching experience includes both postgraduate and undergraduate programmes
Several varied teaching roles at Liverpool School of Architecture for MA Architecture, MSc Sustainable Environmental Design and second year undergraduate students from 2011 to 2015.
Current research focus is on developing methods to improve building performance through a combination of building simulations tools, diagnostic tests and post occupancy evaluation techniques.
Teaching modules for 2016-2017 include:
Innovative Technologies and Applications
Sustainable Architecture and innovation
Architectural Design Principles