Viara has extensive experience of work in marketing. This section contains more information about Viara's work history and any advantageous industry links she maintains.
Marketing and event executive at Southampton Solent University School of Business and Law, 2013 to present.
- Development, planning and delivery of projects.
- Effective delivering events on time, within budget.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project.
- Managing, maintaining and developing client and supplier relationships
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
- Development of collection tools, evaluation and analysis of events
- Sustaining an effective database.
As leader of the Solent Marketing Network, Viara's responsibility includes: marketing and event management, planning, development, coordination and organisation of events, including marketing, HRM events and others.
Research assistant, 2011 to 2013.
- Researching and analysing information and data for various projects using a variety of sources, use of SPSS (PASW) to effectively manage multiple tasks, deliver results and work to deadlines.
- Project management and development of interactive Solent online sites, development of online web pages and wikis.
- Writing blogs for Solent business school blog, development and presentation of leaflets, flyers, posters.
- Event management and organisation of various university events such as external and internal workshops, network events, conferences, including evaluations.
- A member of the Solent Marketing Network, for which she had planned and organised an Employer Network Employability Event 2013.
Quality enhancement and development co-ordinator, 2011.
Marketing assistant for SIS Industries, 2007 to 2009.
Viara has taken part in research projects during her academic career, working in areas that include pedagogy and business networking. Follow the link below to find out more.
- Developed a pedagogic research toolkit as part of the pedagogic research cluster together with Sara Briscoe.
- Writing a paper on business networking – an innovative business engagement following the recent presentation at the Solent Learning and Teaching conference.
Viara has significant experience of teaching marketing at an undergraduate level. To find out more about Viara's teaching experience, please follow the link below.
- September 2014 to present: Lecturer in marketing.
- 2010 to 2014: Associate lecturer in marketing Southampton Solent University.
- 2003 to 2006: Teacher of English.
As a unit leader Viara prepares and leads lectures and seminars in:
- Marketing principles.
- Market research and strategic marketing management.
- Consumer behaviour.
- Corporate awareness.
- Managing marketing.
She also teaches business simulations, SimVenture, MarkStrat, using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods to a high standard, ensuring that teaching and professional expertise is up to date.
Viara leads on CIM units in marketing and marketing information and research (she received a commendation letter for excellent achievement from the CIM in 2014).
She is also an academic mentor and personal tutor, providing student support and assistance in the achievement of academic excellence and the provision of guidance on personal issues.
Over the course of her career, Viara has received a number of academic awards. Follow the link below to find out more.
- Member of the CIM, January 2015.
- PRINCE2 Registered Project Management Practitioner, September 2012.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, September 2013.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Southampton Solent University, 2012 - 2013.
- Masters of Arts Marketing Management - distinction, Southampton Solent University, 2009-2010.
- Bachelor degree - distinction, Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski, 2002 - 2006.