Faculty of Business, Law and Digital Technologies
An award winning creative director with over 30 years industry experience, including forming my own creative agency. Clients included British Airways, Bridgestone, Cuba, and Danish Tourist Boards, Ford, Fuji, Hello!, JVC , Sainsbury’s, Tesco, and The Observer.
Since graduating from Maidstone College of Art and Design in 1973 I’ve worked above, below and through the line in all media and in pretty much every product sector. I have earned awards for typography and direct marketing plus D&AD and Creative Circle awards. My work also features in ‘Smile in the Mind’.
A series of talks given to students to help demystify the world of work led to my current post at Solent University where I teach on the BA (Hons) Advertising and MA Creative Advertising courses. I teach the art direction and creative concepts and copywriting, the language of advertising and ideation units.
Along the way I taught for six years at Kingston University on their FdA Graphic Communications Foundation Degree where I was module leader for design in context. I also taught at the University of West London where I taught BA (Hons) Creative Advertising students.
I continue to take on creative assignments, and exhibit and market my own artwork and photography. My photograph 'Mistral Bride' was selected for the Corbis/D&AD 'Creatives Behind the Lens' exhibition and published in Creative Review.
I would describe myself as a ‘creative enthusiast’ and my mission to spread that particular virus to my students, and to help them to achieve success.
- 30+ years industry experience, including forming my own creative agency. Clients included British Airways, Bridgestone, Cuba, and Danish Tourist Boards, Ford, Fuji, Hello!, JVC , Sainsbury’s, Tesco, and The Observer.
- Creative director, art director, copywriter and graphic designer.
- Above and below advertising. All media: broadcast media, digital media, CRM, experiential and integrated.
- Graphic design, pre-press and production.
- 13+ years teaching higher education courses.