As we launch Solent’s new strategy, we are proud to share our mission, vision and values. Together these define who we are, what we stand for, why we matter and how we will prepare our students for a successful future.
The education and opportunities we provide will change our students’ lives and, through their work and achievements, make the world a better and more sustainable place.
To enable our learners to be work-ready, world-ready and future-ready.
By 2025 we will enable students to succeed by being a university that:
- Transforms the lives of people from all backgrounds, through learning that is relevant to the real world.
- Provides an outstanding student experience through our exceptional staff and facilities.
- Excels at providing its learning community with the confidence, skills, knowledge and experience they need to successfully pursue fulfilling lives and life-changing careers.
- Delivers a unique curriculum shaped around inspiring industrial partnerships, ground-breaking professional insights, knowledge exchange, and research.
- Makes a material impact on environmental sustainability.
We and our work continue to be shaped, informed and inspired by our values of Respect, Ownership, Inclusivity, Engagement, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Together, these values create a university that is open to all, which celebrates different, and demonstrates a commitment to social justice and equality of opportunity.