Skip to main content

We have a large community of international students here at Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from Austria can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from Austria to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Austria offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses.

Students should hold either:

  • Reifeprüfung/Matura from Allgemeinbildende Höhere Schulen,
  • International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 24 points, or
  • European Baccalaureate with a minimum of 60%.

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree. The following qualifications apply  to most of our taught postgraduate courses:

  • Bachelor's degree
  • Diplomstudium/Magister

Visa information

As an EEA national you do not need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK.

EU financial support

EU students are entitled to apply for some financial support in the UK: a tuition fee loan and an EU bursary. See our information on EU student funding.

Back to top