We have a large community of international students here at Solent University and understand that relocating to a new country can be a challenge. Students coming from Cameroon can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.
For more specific advice about coming from Cameroon to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's Cameroon offices or our own international advice team.
As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses.
If you are applying for an undergraduate course (year 1 entry), you must hold one of the following:
- Cameroon GCE Advance Level at grade C (Anglophone System), or
- Cameroon Baccalaureat with an overall score of 12-13 or above,
- an IELTS (Francophone System,
- a recognised foundation qualification.
For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree. You should hold one of the following:
- Second class lower (2:2) or University of BUEA GPA 2.5 or above,
- Licence (bachelor's degree) with an overall score of 13 or above,
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur, Assez Bien or above,
- A recognised pre-master's course.
We are pleased to offer scholarships to students from Cameroon. These are available if you are applying for a full-time course at Solent University and are a self-funded, full-fee student.
Find out more
As a Cameroon national, you will need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK. When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course at Solent University (including payment of deposit and course acceptance), you will be sent a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number. You will need this document to apply for a student visa.
You should make your application for a visa at your local visa application centre.
Back to top