Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

We have a large community of international students here at Solent University and understand that the process of relocating to a new country can be challenging. Students coming from the United Arab Emirates can find advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice about coming from the United Arab Emirates to study, please see the information below. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council's UAE offices or our own international advice team.

Find out more about studying at Solent

Entry requirements

As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels. A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses.  

Students with a Tawjihiyya (Secondary School Certificate) may be considered for a foundation year (level 0 of a bachelor's degree)

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree.

Visa information

As a UAE national, you will need to apply for a visa to come and study in the UK. When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course at Solent University (including payment of deposit and course acceptance), you will be sent a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number. You will need this document to apply for a student visa.

You should make your application for a visa at the local visa application centre.

Speak with an official representative

Solent has a number of official representatives around the world. They give you the chance to talk about opportunities here at Solent with someone in your own country.

AHZ Associates
Tel: +44 (0)20 7377 9630

Edu Global Careers - FZCO
Tel: +972 58 582 4304

Education Resource Network
Tel: +971 4 5890111

Education Zone
Tel: +973 17431777

The IEIS Group Limited
Tel: +971 54 267 8813

Back to top