Skip to main content
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo
Solent Unviersity Southampton logo

We have a large community of international students here at Solent University, many of whom have already studied GCSEs, A-levels and foundation courses in the UK. Students who are already here in the UK can find a range of advice about obtaining a visa and studying in the UK right here on the Solent website.

For more specific advice, you may also find information for your own home country useful. Alternatively, you can contact the British Council offices or our own international advice team.

Entry requirements and English language

The normal minimum entry requirements for an honours degree course are generally A-levels (measured in UCAS points) or high school leaving examinations equivalent.  A portfolio is also required for most of our art and design courses. The specific entry requirements for each course are listed on the course information pages.  

For postgraduate courses, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British bachelor's degree. Usually, the minimum requirement would be a grade of 2:2.

If English is not your first language, you will be required to demonstrate an acceptable level of both written and spoken English before being accepted onto one of our programmes.

More information about entry requirements and English language.

Visa information

Because you are already in the UK, you either don’t need a visa or you have obviously already been through the process of applying for one. If you do need a visa, and you are currently studying at a school or college in the UK, it is likely that you will need to return to your home country to apply for a new Tier 4 visa.

When you have met all the conditions of entry for a full-time course at Solent University (including payment of deposit and course acceptance), you will be sent a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number. You will need this document to apply for a student visa.

For more information about visas see information for your home country, or contact our own international advice team.

Speak with an official representative

Because you are already in the UK, we strongly recommend attending one of our open days to see the campus and speak to us in person.

However, if you would prefer to speak to someone in your local area about the opportunities here at Solent University, our own team visits various events around the UK, or you could contact one of our official representatives.

EU Network
Tel: +44 20 3963 1934

Tel: +44 1202 774100
Location: Bournemouth

The IEIS Group Limited
Tel:  +44 7393 024363

Khan Associates
Tel +44 20 7377 0482

Maria Love and Care Ltd
Tel: +44 79889 788635

OK Student 
Location: Nottingham

SI-UK (Study International UK Ltd)
Email: /
Tel: +44 20 7287 7040 (London) / +44 161 233 7989 (Manchester)
Location: London and Manchester
Global offices: Hong Kong, China, India, Japan, Nigeria, Thailand, Turkey

Study Group Ltd
Location: Brighton


Back to top