Wednesday 3 July 2019
The O2 Guildhall will be a hub of excitement next week as over 2,500 students get ready to graduate with degrees and professional qualifications from Solent University.
Ten ceremonies over five days from 8 – 12 July will showcase the latest graduate talent - ranging from Art Design and Fashion, Sport, Health and Social Sciences, Media technology, Business and Law and Maritime Science and Engineering.
Looking forward to the week’s ceremonies, Vice-Chancellor at Solent University, Professor Graham Baldwin says: “Graduation Week is the highlight of our academic year and is a huge event for our students, who have spent the past few years working hard so that they can follow their dreams. When you study at university, you make friends for life and I am delighted that our students can look forward to a memorable celebration of their achievements with their friends, family and tutors.
“I am extremely proud to lead such a dynamic, diverse and inspirational University that produces work-ready graduates; and of our excellent facilities and academic expertise that help give our talented students the opportunity to excel in their studies and their chosen careers.”
Solent University Chancellor, Theo Paphitis, and Pro Chancellor, Phil Cotton, will preside over the University’s graduation ceremonies.
Graduates will also be able to share their experience with any friends and relatives unable to attend the ceremony via a livestream on YouTube.
The University will be presenting honorary degrees to academics and professionals who have made an outstanding contribution in their field of expertise. This year’s recipients are:
- Oliver Ballhatchet MBE – Doctor of Laws
- Luke Carlson – Doctor of Science
- David Elsey - Doctor of Design
- Ty Francis MBE – Doctor of Business
- Paul Franklin – Doctor of Arts
- Michael Grant – Doctor of Technology
- Alison Howell - Master of Business Administration
- Dahlia Jamil – Doctor of Arts
- Huw Jennings – Doctor of Sport
- Don John – Doctor of Arts
- Ram ‘Kelly’ Kalyan – Doctor of Arts
- Ana Matronic – Doctor of Music
- Sarah Parish – Doctor of Arts
- Dr David Pointer and Mrs Jan Pointer - Honorary Fellowes
- James Roy HonD - Doctor of Engineering
- Darren Styles OBE – Doctor of Business
- The Late Lisa Wilson – Honorary Master of Business Administration