Submit your nominations for our Alumni of the Year Awards 2019
Our Alumni of the Year Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements of our alumni and the difference they are making around the world.
New for 2019, the Alumni of the Year Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements of our alumni and the difference our alumni are making around the world. The awards are designed to recognise accomplishments in the arts, sciences, sports, and in business, public, personal, or academic life.
Winners will be presented with their award at the 2019 summer graduation ceremonies and receive £250 in vouchers or a donation to a charity of their choice.
If you know a member of our alumni community who should be recognised and celebrated for their achievements, nominate them for the Alumni of the Year Awards before the 30 April 2019. Self-nominations can be made but they must be accompanied by a letter of support.
If you have any questions or queries, please email email@example.com
Further information and rules of entry
Awarding criteria and eligibility
- Nominations will be private and confidential.
- Nominations open on 26 March and close on 30 April.
- Nominations can be made by anyone, including current students and staff, former staff of the University and alumni.
- Self-nominations can be made but they must be accompanied by a letter of support from independent referee with the completed nomination form. Support letters cannot be written by relatives of the nominee.
- Nominees must be a graduate of Solent University or of one of its predecessor or associated institutions.
- The award would not usually be made where the nominee has already been awarded an honorary award from the University.
- Selection panel members cannot make nominations or be nominated.
- No posthumous awards will be made.
- Alumni ineligible for nomination include active politicians and nominees who have previously requested no contact from the University.
- A maximum of two awards will be made each year.
Announcement and awarding
- Up to two awards will be made by a selection panel appointed by the University. The decision of the panel is final, and we will not enter into correspondence with regard to the decision of the panel.
- Successful nominees will be informed by post by 25 May 2019.
- Each alumnus or alumna of the year will receive a certificate detailing the important contribution they have made and £250 in vouchers or donation to charity of their choice.
- Each alumnus or alumna of the year will be awarded his/her certificate at one of the University's graduation ceremonies from 8 to 12 July 2019.
- If an alumnus or alumna of the year wishes to accept their award but cannot attend any graduation ceremony in the year, the University will endeavour to make alternative arrangements.