This course is for you if you are looking for a diverse, exciting and challenging career path within a people driven, fast paced and evolving industry.
Tell us a bit about the course.
The course curriculum was specific and relevant to the UK construction sector. The course modules covered a wide range of aspects and in detail, ranging from: land acquisition to construction law, technical and even human dynamics (people are always and by far the most important contributor in our industry).
How did Solent prepare you for your career?
The course allowed me to meet a wide range of like-minded people, begin to network and learn to work within effective teams.
Favourite Solent memory?
Too many to remember, but I guess, really engaging with the course and applying myself in years two and three and seeing the benefits.
What is construction to you?
Construction and the built environment changes lives, deliverers hope and well-being, keeps us progressive and forward moving, employs millions of people and with each project delivery, creates an enjoyable and fun process in getting there.
What top tips would you give to someone wanting a career in the industry?
- Commit to your career fully
- Make five years out of the first two
- Bring an abundance mentality of energy and drive every day
- Accept mistakes as the best learning opportunities
- Keep learning and focusing on professional and personal development throughout your career
- Network well and deliver excellence in everything you do.
Discover BSc (Hons) Construction Management