GREAT Scholarships for justice and law
The GREAT Scholarships for justice and law is a new time-limited programme from the Study UK campaign and the Ministry of Justice.
The GREAT Scholarships for justice and law are jointly funded by Solent University, with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council.
This year, in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Solent University is offering one scholarship of £10,000 to students from Kenya.
This scholarship scheme is part of the GREAT Scholarships 2023 campaign, which has been launched by the British Council together with UK universities to support more students to access excellent UK higher education opportunities.
The GREAT Scholarships scheme offers an exciting opportunity for students from Kenya to get financial support to pursue postgraduate study in the UK.
Students must apply for a full-time LLM Commercial Law and Professional Legal Practice for September 2023 entry.
How to apply
Students will be considered for a GREAT Scholarship at the time of submitting an online application for the LLM Commercial Law and Professional Legal Practice for September 2023 entry.
When completing the online application, students will need to upload a 'GREAT Scholarship request', demonstrating the following:
- A clear passion and interest for the course you are applying for.
- Your ambitions and how you believe studying at Solent would help you achieve your career aspirations.
- Any relevant skills or achievements you have gained from education, work or extra-curricular activities.
- Contributions you could bring to Solent University as a Solent alumni ambassador back in Kenya.
You will be considered for a GREAT Scholarship if:
- You are a national of Kenya, holding a mainland Kenya passport, and
- You have completed an undergraduate degree with very good grades in Kenya.
- You have a UK equivalent bachelor's degree (minimum second class lower) with 2:2 or 50% + overall or GPA of 3.0/4.0 or Grade B.
- International Baccalaureate with 24 points.
- In lieu of IELTS, we accept the following English language qualifications: Duolingo (110 overall with a minimum of 90 in each component, or above).
- You have received and accepted a conditional or unconditional offer for the LLM Commercial Law and Professional Legal Practice, and
- You have submitted a GREAT Scholarship request with your course application.
The deadline for applications is 1 June 2023.
Successful candidates will be notified by email by 30 June 2023. Once informed, students will have one week to accept the scholarship. If they do not accept within this time, it will be offered to another qualified applicant.
The GREAT Scholarship will be awarded at the start of the course as a tuition fee reduction, based on the full annual fee for the course.
The scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or fee discount.
For general information about GREAT Scholarships, visit the British Council website.
For further information on your application, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top