This year, in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Solent University is offering one scholarship of £10,000 to students in China.
This scholarship scheme is part of the GREAT Scholarships 2021 campaign, which has been launched by the British Council together with 36 UK universities to support more students to access excellent UK higher education opportunities.
The GREAT Scholarships scheme offers an exciting opportunity for students from China to get financial support to pursue postgraduate study in the UK.
Students must apply for a full-time postgraduate taught course in any subject area for September 2021 entry.
How to apply
Students will be considered for a GREAT Scholarship at the time of submitting an online application for a master's degree for September 2021 entry. Visit your course home page to apply online.
When completing the online application, students will need to upload a 'GREAT Scholarship request', demonstrating the following:
- A clear passion and interest for the course you are applying for
- Your ambitions and how you believe studying at Solent would help you achieve your career aspirations
- Any relevant skills or achievements you have gained from education, work or extra-curricular activities
- Contributions you could bring to Solent University as a Solent alumni ambassador back in China.
You will be considered for a GREAT Scholarship if:
- You are a national of China, holding a mainland Chinese passport, and
- You have completed an undergraduate degree with very good grades in China, and
- You have received and accepted a conditional or unconditional offer for a master's degree, and
- You have submitted a GREAT Scholarship request with your course application.
The deadline for applications is 3 August 2021.
Successful candidates will be notified by email by 10 December 2021. Once informed, students will have one week to accept the scholarship. If they do not accept within this time, it will be offered to another qualified applicant.
The GREAT Scholarship will be awarded at the start of the course as a tuition fee reduction, based on the full annual fee for the course.
The scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or fee discount.
For general information on the GREAT Scholarships 2021, please visit British Council China.
For further information on your application, please contact email@example.com.
Follow Solent on social
Back to top